Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Good Stories


When I was growing up my mother would read to me. Not just at bedtime, but anytime we had a few minutes to spare. Looking back, I think it must have been something she loved to do. She would read me stories like Secret Garden complete with the cockney accent. Have you ever tried to read with an accent? Not easy. I loved the stories. There weren't a lot of pictures, but my mind became filled with visual images and the warm memory lasts to this day. I had the good fortune of being invited to a Stuart McLean Vinyl Cafe event last night at WWU here in Bellingham. The stories he wove were wonderful and reminded me so much of those stories with my mother.

No comments: