Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Care Giver Art Exhibit


I just received notification from the art committee at St. Joseph Hospital here in Bellingham that my work has been chosen to be included in the upcoming Care Giver Art Exhibit. I'm honored to be selected by the distinguished jurors. I submitted several images, so it remains to be seen which one they picked. I've never been an art show juror, but I can imagine it's a huge task to put together a collection of paintings that look good together. For the Northwest Watercolor Society shows, I've been told that there are sometimes 500 submissions and less than 100 paintings chosen for the show. An artist really has to calculate what to paint that will catch the juror's attention while they're flying through those slides at break-neck speed. This image is one of the four I submitted.

No comments: