Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Contemplating


Contemplating Crows' Feet. This is the third of three paintings that earned me my signature member status with the NW Watercolor Society a few years back. The judge for the show was Carla O'Connor, of whom I am a huge fan. The catalyst for the painting was turning 50 and coming to terms with my age. I refuse to try to out-run it. There's actually something quite comforting in living "below the radar".

This painting was done using gouache, watercolor and water-soluable crayons on metallic gold gessoed 140-pound hot press watercolor paper.

No comments: