Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Exploring


Once again I find myself awash in a sea of artistic stimuli. With a few weeks to spare before I need to focus on inventory for the Farmers Market in May, I have been indulging in different means of arriving at my "happy place"... you know, that place where time disappears and all is right with the world... like a kid with a new box of crayons. Pouncing Rain is a wonderful little happy place for me; a small jewelry studio where one can learn from some very accomplished teachers the art of jewelry making, from PMC to enameling to metal etching and beyond. The above photo is a piece of copper I etched using a ferric chloride etch. I was very pleased with the outcome. The words sum things up for me, inspired by the poem from Lord of the Rings... Not all who wonder are lost.

No comments: