Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My New Harley


Well, not really MY new Harley, but I have managed to complete this commission in the midst of the Christmas season. This was done with acrylics treated like watercolor on hot press 140-pound paper with a touch of colored pencil to smooth some of the edges. Once again, as with the other Harley I painted a while back, this was an exercise in abstract shapes and could almost have been painted more easily upside down (for those of you getting a "visual" of that statement, let me clarify that that would be the reference photo and/or the painting upside down, not the painter). I love the way a painting comes together and looks real when you are only focusing on shapes.

No comments: