Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

One Oar


Another in the Dinghy series. Acrylic on gessoed hardboard, measures roughly 12" x 12". The original photo reference for this was the whole boat, but after playing with various compositions, I elected to push this one to the edge of abstraction. It has just enough information to say "boat" and enough left out for the viewer to use their imagination. I'm planning to do that more often in the future. Like they say, "Less is more". This image will also be offered framed and for sale at the Bellingham Downtown Art Walk on June 13.

No comments: