Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Salty Skiff


This is another acrylic painting on hardboard from the "Dinghy" series destined for the June Bellingham Downtown Art Walk. I am particularly fond of this one. The original boat was a drab charcoal gray, not anything much to look at, but the inner spines of the boat caught my eye along with the rippled reflections in the water. I just knew I could do something with it. I can't really say how big this painting is because it's currently hanging at Chuckanut Bay Gallery here in Bellingham, but I'm guessing it's about 9" x 12" and framed in a black metal floating frame.

No comments: