Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Friday, January 31, 2014

I've had enough of winter

I always know when I've had enough of winter.  I start dragging out my photos of dearly departed bouquets from spring and summers past.  My version of pouring over seed catalogs, I guess.  This is a watercolor I have just finished using 300-pound Arches watercolor paper.  At $16.00 a pop, staring down at a sheet of this paper can be intimidating.  What if I ruin it?  So, I quickly cut the sheets up in 8 x 10-inch smaller sheets.  Now I'll only ruin a $4 piece of paper.  That isn't so scary.  These originals are listed for sale on Etsy.com and soon on dailypaintworks.com (links in the right-hand margin.)

No comments: