Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Super-Size That?


On a recent trip to Dakota Art, I spied some brushes with inordinately long handles.  I wondered, "who paints with those?".   Uh, people doing very large paintings paint with long-handled brushes, that's who. 

With the Allied Arts holiday show set-up complete, my energy has turned to finishing the first in a series of commissioned pieces representing the four seasons.  I'm quite sure this is the biggest painting I've ever done...two panels totalling 48" wide x 24" tall, like a giant jigsaw puzzle until I would step back a couple of feet.  These pine cones were on a huge pine tree in my yard planted by my parents.  Beautiful in the snow.

Now that I'm warmed up, the next one will be even bigger!

No comments: