Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Turning the corner on winter

Everything is coming up primroses and with them the promise of 6 months of warmer weather.  Time to put away the wooly socks and gloves.  I love this time of year.  It makes me forget how long and dark winter is.

I also can be reasonably sure that Art-Startz won't get canceled again on account of icy weather.  Twice was enough.  I've reserved Sunday April 3 and Sunday April 10 for our next sessions.  We will use a watercolor wet-on-dry technique, mixing color on the paper, and try out watercolor pencils and crayons.  They're perfect for capturing the tulip fields.  Very fun!  Ready to paint?  I sure am.

No comments: