Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Breaking Rules



I recently have discovered the artwork of British painter, Shirley Trevena.  I have purchased her DVD "Breaking the Rules of Watercolour" from Creative Catalyst Productions and have also purchased one of her books "Taking Risks with Watercolour" from Amazon.  Mixing paint on the paper rather than on the palette reminds me of the way I used to paint before I began glazing.  It's a much more spontaneous approach.  A chance to get excited about surprises.  A chance to suspend expectations.  A chance to throw exactness out the window.

No comments: