Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Summer's end

Oh my gosh! Will you look at the date! How is it the middle of September already. I really do have a good excuse for not posting anything since June. Let's see....

I have completed my 7th season as a vendor at the Bellingham Farmers' Market. Once again, it was 4 months of meeting wonderful people and getting to talk about my favorite subject in the whole world...ART!

In April, at the urging of a good friend, I entered a pastel into the Northwest Pastel Society's International Show. As I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to soft pastels, I was surprised and very pleased to be accepted into the show with the second attempt at "Pear with Mini-Blinds." (I will post the image when I have a web-sized jpg available. The jpg I have is HUGE.) The entries had to be very large (by my standards, 22" x 33" is big), so all around this was a challenge for me. Imagine my even greater surprise when my painting was selected to receive the Northwest Pastel Society's Award of Excellence, a generous monetary award and a year's subscription to The Pastel Journal. My subscription had just expired. How timely. Like my friend said, you will miss 100% of the shots you don't take... and she was right. Thank you, Trish.

I recently completed the illustrations for a charming little book by Joan VanWykhouse entitled "Jillian and the Elusive Queen." It is a tale of a young girl named Jillian who is concerned that the Queen may be in trouble, or else why was everyone be saying "God save the Queen" ? I'm looking very much forward to receiving a hardbound copy of my own. The book will be available on Amazon.com by Christmas time, I believe.

No comments: