Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Larger Than Life

Rhody Blossom - Acrylic on Canvas
The summer is absolutely flying by...as it always seems to.  My big goal is getting things painted for the October Whatcom Artists Studio Tour...enough paintings to fill my new 30' x 20' art workspace.  I got a big idea to "stage" interiors outside in my yard and photograph the paintings in natural light.  The problem that was quickly apparent was that sunny natural light creates too much contrast drama and overcast days have been few in number.  Not complaining...just saying.  This one is a little dark.  That's a birdcage next to the faux bed.  All in all, it was a fun photo shoot and I hope to keep dragging stuff out into the yard to set up the shots.  Wish someone would come over and put it all away afterwards.

No comments: