Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

New Studio and Humble Beginnings


I always love before and after pictures of artistic projects.  Order out of chaos.  So after last years' Whatcom County Artists Studio Tour and seeing the grand and humble work spaces of fellow artists,  I had a burning desire to create a space where I could work on mixed media and larger canvases.  My living room just wasn't cutting it, what with acrylic paint and medium flying all over.  After considering a couple of options for space on the property, we elected to tackle my father's woodworking shop.  This is pretty much the state of things before he had to move to assisted living.  This was his "playpen" and he knew where everything was.  Amazing.   I'm happy to report that I'll be included in the 2014 Whatcom County Artists Studio Tour, which means this new studio needs to get put together pronto.  I'll post more pics as things progress.

No comments: