Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Friday, July 5, 2013

BLACK AND WHITE

Nest #1
Luna #1





Simple black on white.  I would not have guessed that I would be so intrigued with such a simple palette. I had the good fortune to spend the day printing with Jan Lor, a brilliant print maker and fellow farmer's market atisan.

These are two of the new relief prints I made today.  I created a "plate" of cardboard shapes on mat board, sealed with acrylic gel.  Water-soluble printing ink was then rolled on with a brayer.  The high spots were wiped off.  The plate was then rolled through a wonderful, extremely expensive, printing press to reveal the most amazing results.   No two prints were exactly the same and the textures were amazing.  It felt like the best use of a day off I'd discovered in a very long time.     

No comments: