Welcome to my art blog.

This is where you'll find some of the things I'm trying to accomplish... a little of this and that. Paintings, photography, collage and sewing...every artful endeavor helps me keep my sanity in this mixed up world.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thankful


This is an historic day in our country, voting day. I have so much to be thankful for. The freedoms I enjoy today were fought for by people I have never met, will never be able to personally thank-- my freedom as a woman to vote for the candidate of my choice, the freedom to speak my opinion about those candidates, the freedom to write this blog entry. I hope I never take for granted the gift of freedom in America and I hope I will always strive to preserve that freedom for those who come after me. Some sage once said, in essence "You can judge a country by the number of people who want to get in and the number of people who are leaving it." Judging by the number of people who want to come to America, I'd say we're still a wonderful nation under God.

No comments: